Help Desk Software: Key Features
Jul 16, 2010 | | 0 comments
- Recording and tracking of customer queries and internal requests as well as the actions and tasks related to these.
- Logging of requests generated through various channels such as inbound mails, manually entered requests, online forms, and telephone calls.
- User-defined assignment of levels and priorities to the requests.
- Activity tracking from start to finish.
- Work-flow management to ensure timely escalation to responsible authority so that the SLA terms are met.
- Apportioning of a single request into smaller tasks with deadlines and accountability assigned.
- Scope for detailed comments and generating the history of a given request.
- Uniform and consistent format for representing data and facts.
- Integration with Contact Management software to automatically populate caller details.
- Data security at all levels.
- Dispatching of emails from within the helpdesk system.
- Internal knowledge base to help in diagnosing problems and facilitating self-service.
- Short keys for quick filling of forms and a library of standard responses and comments.
- Statistical tools to identify trends in defect types, defect rates, customer requests, etc.