FrontRange HEAT Review
FrontRange Solutions’ IT software is geared toward small- and mid-sized businesses. The company is known for its HEAT Service Desk application, as well as its GoldMine CRM solution and other IT service management solutions. Founded in 2000, the company is headquartered in Pleasanton, California. The company is associated with industry leaders such as Microsoft, IBM, Citrix, Hewlett Packard, Oracle, and Cisco Systems.
FrontRange’s HEAT Service & Support, noted as the company’s flagship product, is modular and on-premise. The help desk software features can be extended through a comprehensive collection of additional services.
FrontRange HEAT Key Features
HEAT is a help desk solution comprised of a set of core features and optional extensions. The solution’s core functions include self service, knowledge management, web access from any browser, and telephony integration.
Product features include:
- Customizable workflow processes.
- Active monitoring of the support center status in real time.
- Automated email inbound or outbound communication. Service requests are auto-generated based on keywords from emails, and existing requests can be updated based on a customer reply.
- System administration is easy enough that programmers are not necessary.
- The Business Process Automation tool, which provides templates for the design of an escalation process, survey distribution process, and other automatic notifications.
The HEAT module additions to the Service & Support solution are:
- HEAT Plus Knowledge: allows document collaboration among employees across an enterprise. The addition makes it easier to share information through document searching, storage, indexing, reporting, and authoring.
- HEAT Plus Mobile: supports access to the HEAT solution through mobile devices. This can free up help desk administrators so they do not have to remain at a desk to field customer requests.
- HEAT IT Asset Management: compiles all IT asset information available within the enterprise systems about a caller, including location, PC specifications, etc. This can reduce service times and increase the number of requests fulfilled by the first call.
- HEAT Self Service: Customers or employees can submit incident requests or reports via the web. The answers to simple, technical questions can be provided with the web-based self-help portal, minimizing the repetitive requests that clog customer service lines.
- HEAT Plus Voice: Gives the help desk automated telephony support. Callers are greeted with prompts that direct customers either to automated self-help menus or to the correct agents.
FrontRange customers represent 44% of the Fortune 100 and 76% of the FTSE 100. Users of HEAT Helpdesk include: Domino’s Pizza, Equinox Fitness, Goodwill, Greyhound Lines, Inc., Milwaukee Public Schools, Solar Communications, the State of Arkansas, City of Des Moines, Iowa, Tampa International Airport, Toyota Financial Services, Universal Forest Products, and Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital in South Africa.
FrontRange’s HEAT Help Desk Software features a wide range of automated help desk capabilities through its core system and the additional modules. The help desk solution can be customized to fit a variety of needs, and can even be extended beyond IT support to include functions such as human relations, payroll, facilities, and other employee services. HEAT is a convenient, effective solution that is easy to integrate into any IT system.