CA Technologies Delivers Enterprise-Class Service Desk and Collaboration On Demand
CA Service Desk Manager On Demand is Certified as PinkVERIFY Compliant on all 14 ITIL v3 Processes; and New CA Open Space Feature Enables Users to Leverage Social Networking for Issue Resolution
ISLANDIA, N.Y. (October 06, 2010) – CA Technologies (Nasdaq: CA) today unveiled CA Service Desk Manager On Demand, a fully ITIL pre-configured version of CA Service Desk Manager, featuring workflow-driven automation for incident, problem, change, request and knowledge management. As part of CA Technologies mission to deliver innovative solutions, CA Service Desk Manager On Demand and CA Service Desk Manager—delivered on premise—now feature CA Open Space, the industry’s first SaaS-based enterprise Service Desk collaboration platform.
Developed by CA Technologies, CA Open Space is designed to add significant value to the IT service management process by leveraging the cultural shift to social networking for issue resolution. Business users can now collaborate with peers and experts, and search multiple internal and external knowledge sources to solve their issue. This information can then be shared with other users. If the issue persists, the user can create and track a CA Service Desk Manager ticket directly from the CA Open Space interface.
CA Open Space delivers faster time to resolution, a reduced number of support tickets, and improved productivity. Unlike other enterprise Service Desk solutions available in the market, CA Technologies offers a new approach to the traditional service desk support paradigm by focusing first and foremost on the business user.
“As a worldwide provider of IT outsourcing and business process outsourcing services, we’ve partnered with CA Technologies as a customer and managed service provider since 2006 and currently support more than 300,000 end users globally utilizing CA Service Desk Manager and many of their other solutions,” said Gary J. Cotshott, president and chief executive officer of TechTeam Global. “We feel that CA Open Space has the potential to take self service to new levels and look forward to the opportunity to share this new offering with our customers.”
CA Service Desk Manager is available on premise or on demand. The benefit of the new on demand offering is that customers can get started quickly and realize faster time to value with one of the industry’s most proven service desks. CA Service Desk Manager On Demand can be accessed through all leading browsers, and is offered via a monthly subscription plan that includes technical support and upgrades.
“The service desk is evolving from a high-touch function to a more automated, self-service system with requirements for outsourcing as a SaaS offering,” said Brian Bell, general manager, Service and Portfolio Management, CA Technologies. “The release of CA Service Desk Manager On Demand with CA Open Space marks another in a series of announcements that support our strategy to deliver enterprise-class IT Management applications from the cloud.”
Key features in CA Service Desk Manager On Demand include:
- Certified as PinkVERIFY compliant on 14 ITIL v3 processes: confirms that the customer is leveraging the highest level of ITIL verification for any on demand service.
- Open Space: a new social networking collaboration platform for business users or domain-specific networks, it enables community-based self help, along with multiple internal and external search sources leveraging Google, in-house knowledge and stored community knowledge to reduce total time-to-resolution.
- Support Automation: assists IT support analysts to remotely address requests and incidents more quickly and cost effectively by providing proven resolution tools and techniques to identify, diagnose and resolve difficulties before they impact vital business processes.
- Simplified and enhanced change and configuration management with CA CMDB: delivers intelligent change management across the enterprise by providing greater visibility to make infrastructure and application decisions based on a clearer understanding of potential business impacts provided by the CA CMDB.
- Role- and task-sensitive automated training: are agent productivity tools that provide visual training in the context of the task and process being worked, speeding time–to-value, lowering training costs, and improving adherence to best practices.
For more information on CA Service Management, please visit:
- On the Web: www.ca.com/servicedesk/ondemand and www.ca.com/openspace
- Blog: community.ca.com/blogs/itil/
- On Twitter at: www.twitter.com/caitservice
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (Nasdaq: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments – from mainframe and distributed, to virtual and cloud. CA Technologies manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage evolving IT ecosystems. For additional information, visit CA Technologies at www.ca.com.
Follow CA Technologies
- Social Media Page
- Press Releases
Copyright © 2010 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies. ITIL ® is a Registered Trade Mark, and a Registered Community Trade Mark of the Office of Government Commerce, and is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
|Phone: (650) 298-3117|
Source: CA Technologies